Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vimeo is the Place for Sailing Videos

You'd have to sort through youtube all day to find the number of quality sailing videos you can find on Vimeo in 15 minutes. That's why when I'm longing to get back on the water, I troll Vimeo; you just can't top their production quality, despite being made by amateurs. Below are a few of the good ones.

Here's the "last sail of the season" probably somewhere in England onboard a really old wooden schooner:

Ocean Pearl - Last Sail Of The Season from Richard Gooderick on Vimeo.

Here's a guy who sailed from San Fran to Hawaii. He seems bored throughout the video but there are some good shots:

Singlehanded from San Francisco to Hawaii in 27 days from nickj on Vimeo.

This was shot in the Azores, in a port that's one of the last stops for people heading out of Europe across the Atlantic. Seems like a port I want to visit one day. And the sound track is quite nice as well:

The most colourful marina in the world from Alexandre Jesus on Vimeo.

I'm not much of a cold weather sailor but if I had a motor-sailer like this one, I might consider going to Antarctica aboard this boat:

Antarctica 2008 yacht expedition from Blazej Pyrka on Vimeo.

I'm not crazy about the song in this video, but this definitely took a lot of work and the boat is beautiful:

Sean wants to take you for a ride on a sailboat. from Sean Aiken on Vimeo.

Comments:
Hey: I saw your comment on 70.8 about Russ and Sjogin. If you ever make it up to Beaton's, you must let me know when you are going!
 
Yea definitely, man.
 
Great inspiration. Need to bring the video camera next time sailing. This weekend that is!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters