Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There Are Really Two Raising Arizonas

My old friend Jason told me years ago that watching Raising Arizona is completely different after you have a baby. God damn, there ain't much truer than that (watching it now on TV). I've loved this movie for 15 years and watching it now, it's like watching it for the first time.

I would put out a few choice quotes or videos, but there are just too many to list; it's like the whole movie is perfect -- an everyman's video version of Dr. Spock.

Further elaboration would be lost on people without kids. Anyone who has them will totally understand.

Comments:
Guess I'd better watch it for the first time!

Word verification: sperym. You make your own pun...
 
Yep, there's a lot of things like that. And it is the kind of thing that is just unknowable until it happens to you, although trying to explain that fact to someone who has no kids makes the explainer sound like an ass. Just try watching "I Shouldn't Be Alive" or something, one where some kid is about to get himself killed, or where some parent has to do something superhuman to save the family. That shit is a real entertaining little diversion until you have kids, and once you do, that sort of thing just makes you want to vomit.

Oops, I'm sounding like an ass.
 
Having kids can do that to you also
 
"Everything's chaaaaaaaanged!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters