Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Friday, February 27, 2009

You know what still rocks? Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking. That's what still rocks.

If you haven't listened to Jane's Addiction's album Nothing's Shocking in a while, do it. I forgot about some of the most rockingest songs on that album -- Pigs in Zen, Idiots Rule, Had a Dad. Man, so good. This is the kind of album that makes you want to become a bass player. And it came out way back in 1988! -- the same year that Tiffany and the Dirty Dancing soundtrack were hot new releases.

The NS album versions are the best. Here's the only one I could find free online:

Pigs in Zen: I love riffs that are so easy that I could have thought of them, if I only had the talent of Dave Navarro. He's put some kind of short delay on his guitar which sounds like it's being played in a bathroom.

This is going to get a lot of sailboat play this summer -- you better believe it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters