Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm proud to say I was the first to inform Jeff Simmermon that Obama collects comic books.

I recently came across the 50 Facts You Might Not Know About Barack Obama and the first one states that "he collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics." I figured if any blogger would already know that fact, it would be my comic-book-loving friend Jeff, but when I IMed the info to him, I was pleased to have been the first to inform him --- a real honor. It made my day to get his reaction:
me: "Barack Obama collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics"
Jeff: where'd you see that?
me: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/article3401168.ece
11:01 AM
Jeff: jesus
how cool is it
that the coolest person on earth
is the president of the US?
Yes, I know this is becoming a cult of personality, but this man is truly extraordinary. It may take another year for many Americans to realize what an incredible person we've elected as our leader. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's flawless, but I never thought we'd have a cool guy as president.

My personal favorite is that "his favourite book is Moby Dick by Herman Melville." Fuckin' A. Mine too. That's the only book that immediately after finishing the final page of the book, I turned back to page one and began reading it for a second time. Unbelievable.
Comments:
And his favorite meal is shrimp linguni.

I had shrimp linguini for dinner last night.

How cool is that?
 
Full fathom five, thy father lies...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters