Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tomorrow, I depart for the island in Indonesia where 90 people were killed in a plane crash.

After a week using my Indonesian language CD-ROM, I now know the numbers. That's why the words "sembilan puluh" sound morbid because that's the number of people killed in yesterday's plane crash on a flight from Java to Sulawesi---the exact route I'm going to take after I depart DC tomorrow.

But I'd much rather take that risk in the world's largest muslim country rather than be stuck here for the duration of January---arguably the most depressing period to exist in Washington DC. (I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder).

The good news about spending time in a muslim country is the lack of alcohol which will help me accomplish my new year's resolution of not getting hangovers in 2007. I dealt with a severe brain-drainer that ended with me puking in the Molly Pitcher Service stop on the Jersey Turnpike yesterday. Never again, never again.
Comments:
Fodge!

On the road again, huh? Well, Happy New Year and have a safe trip.

Paula
 
Safe travels my friend! I admire your sense of adventure.

btw, did you text msg me before or after the turnpike stop?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters