Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Friday, December 02, 2005

My Vision for a Great Rock Band

I'd love to produce a band that would be a combination between US garage rock and reverbed-out female and male call-and-response Cambodian folk pop or Thai language vibrato nasal whining. I would recruit singers like those from Dengue Fever or Ros Sereysothea and a rocking drummer like Russel Simins and a guitarist like the guy from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It would be like the music in Matt Dillon's movie, City of Ghosts, if those bands had recorded right after riding a stallion while getting tattoos and snorting coke.

It would be a huge success. I'm sure of it. Now I just gotta figure out how to find said singers and instrumentalists. Perhaps one of the local SE Asian newspapers in Rockville ...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters