Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Guns 'n' Butter

Since I couldn't get out into the woods this weekend to go backpacking, a bunch of friends and I got our frustrations out in the forest firing high-powered shotguns at flying miniature clay Devo hats. For the uninitiated, shooting a gun is a lot more fun than the NRA makes it look. Be careful. If you try it, you might get hooked. I saw it happen to nine guys and gals today, no doubt.

And it's only around $35 for rentals, shells, etc. Afterwards we gorged ourselves on Chesapeake crabs. Can't think of a better thing to do on Columbus Day.

I felt the need to wear my brother-in-law's redneck cap.


Girls can play, too.




Comments:
Cool blog - I'm a first time reader. Where did you go shooting? Local to the DC/Balt area? I have been looking for a place to try it...
 
It's a place called Schraeder's on the eastern shore of Maryland. From DC it's about 1.5 hours. You basically go east on Rt. 50, cross the bay bridge, then go south on 301/304 for a while.

There are several places though. Just do a google search.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters