Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Distillation is Illegal

About a year ago, I was considering making bourbon on the back porch of my apartment. I bought the buckets and a metal tub, but before I got down to it, I did a search on homemade whiskey on the ATF website and discovered that it is very illegal. It's fine to brew beer in your home as long as it doesn't exceed 200 gallons per year, but you can't take it that next important step.

I'm glad I didn't do it. Like this boy, I could've gotten in trouble.

From the Post:

"In a midnight stakeout, government agents seized a Howard County teenager and the illicit moonshine distillery he allegedly built from a bucket, a trash can and some copper pipe in the woods ... Moonshining is a misdemeanor offense in Maryland, potentially punishable with a $10,000 fine and five years in prison."

This is freaking ridiculous. What's next? Banning marijuana?

God.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters