Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"Too busy"

I have never---wait, let me think...---no, never told someone "I've been too busy to ..."

I translate the "Sorry, I've been too busy" excuse one of two ways: 1) My life is so stressful and I'm involved in things that don't matter, and they keep me occupied to the point where I have unintentionally avoided you; or 2) You're really not important enough to be fit into my schedule, and what's more, I'd like to phase you out of that group of people I call "close friends".

As with most of the things I post on this blog, I could be 100% off base. Maybe I'm just so gregarious that I need constant human attention and I'm bitter.
Comments:
I wasn't talking about you, HP. I promise!
 
Please note that in the original post I said the "I've been too busy" folks fall into one of the two categories, not both. Again, the first excuse goes like this:

"My life is so stressful and I'm involved in things that don't matter, and they keep me occupied to the point where I have unintentionally avoided you."

Unintentionally.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Web Counter
Web Counters